Enquire about Solar Thermal Repair now
Please enter your details below and we’ll give you a call to discuss your requirements in more detail.
IMPORTANCE OF MAINTENANCE
Solar thermal hot water systems have been around for some time now. They are now a tried and tested technology, but to get the best out of your solar thermal system there are some key points to remember:
Many owners tell us that they had no idea that solar thermal panels need servicing. Just like your car, servicing on a regular basis is essential. There are components within a system such as the pump and valves that must be kept in good working order. Regular servicing minimises your running costs and maximises the amount of renewable heat produced and of course maximises the life span of the system.
Energie Solutions experienced, Solar Thermal engineers are able to service both Flat plate and Evacuated tube collect or Solar Thermal systems even if it was not originally installed by us.
Our extensive client base consists of a wide range of property types and sizes including private homeowners, landlords, commercial properties and social housing associations, facility and estate management companies.
SOLAR THERMAL SERVICE
As a general rule of thumb a standard solar thermal service should include:
– a visual inspection of pipework, insulation, collectors and sensors
– check of the systems hydraulic pressure
– check the level and quality of the systems antifreeze
– check the flow rate
– test of pressure relief valve
amongst several other checks to ensure that the systems is performing correctly.
WHAT IS THE FLUID IN THE SYSTEM?
One of the most important aspects of your solar thermal system is the heat transfer fluid. You will need to replace the fluid every 5 years to ensure that the pH and antifreeze-protection levels are correct. Failure to do this can have serious costly consequences. The solar transfer fluid should NEVER simply be topped but the system should be flushed out, cleaned and then flushed with the new transfer fluid.
SPEAK WITH OUR SPECIALISTS
There are plenty of companies advertising this service, but few who truly are trained professionals and carry out the work properly. EEC Solar provide a cost effective proactive and reactive maintenance service. We offer a 24/7 telephone answer service.
ASK US ABOUT OUR NEW MONTHLY SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE PLAN!
Energie Solutions highly anticipated Solar Thermal Monthly Service and Maintenance plan has just been launched and already proving to be highly popular with customers! The cover is available to provide you with absolute confidence that your Solar Thermal system will be professionally maintained and, in the event of a fault, quickly repaired by our highly skilled engineers.
BENEFITS OF OUR SOLAR THERMAL SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE PLAN:
– Spread the cost of your regular servicing through simple interest free monthly instalments.
– No scheduled servicing bills to think about as well as securing today’s prices for the length of the plan.
– Minimise your Running costs and maximise the amount of renewable heat produced
– Maximise the life span of the system through regular servicing
– Premium service levels at reduced parts and call out costs
– Offers complete reassurance
REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENTS
At EEC Solar we have a fully qualified team to repair or replace faulty parts on most Solar thermal systems. Although very reliable, sometimes Solar thermal systems do need fixing. Our team at EEC Solar can attend emergency callouts or routine repairs covering all makes and models of solar thermal systems. In our experience there are a number of common problems that can occur throughout the whole system. These include:
1. Pumps not working, working intermittently, noisy or not working to capacity.
2. Re-gassing of the system to ensure efficiency
3. Low pressure issues
4. Leaks throughout the system
5. Repair of the control centre
6. Topping up of the antifreeze section of the system
7. Power flush required Air Locks in any section of the system
8. Corrosion in the immersion tank
9. Coil problems
SYSTEM NOT INSTALLED BY EEC SOLAR?
Not a problem, Our service is available to any customer who has a Solar Thermal system. Call our team today! We will ask what the fault seems to be and visit your property to assess the problem and advise the best course of action. We provide you with the options available to you and leave you to decide. We have a number of local suppliers for parts so can usually fix the problem with the minimum of delay so you get hot water on tap with no hassle.